Wednesday 2 March 2011

Costco Shopping

Through my bank...(I hate banks!!!) I started a savings account that is funded through your debit purchases.  If I buy anything using my regular chequing/debit acount  then 25 cents is deposited into my savings account.  I have used this money for Christmas and just the other day for prepping!

I decided to take $40...yep, not much I know and go to Costco and see if they had anything on clearance that I could grab suitable for food storage.  Well, my prayers were answered!  I bought a 20lb bag of flour for $15, a box of instant mashed potatoes for $10.50 (I plan to write about them soon as they are excellent) and the best purchase.... four 2lb bags of whole bean coffee for $4.97 each!!!!  Regular price was $12.99! 

Costco will clear out items at wonderful prices, they usually end in .97.  I had already bought this particular brand of coffee two weeks before on sale at this price,  I did not expect to find any left!  Maybe people are suspicious of cheap coffee!  This time, they weren't showing the regular price just this clearance price, so maybe they presume it isn't good coffee...but it is and nice and strong!

I went over by $5 but no big deal!  The rest of my savings is going towards an order with www.basiclifeessentials.com  where I ordered a can of dried whole eggs...hard to find lately, and two different sizes of mylar bags! 

Things are heating up in the middle east...I'm feeling the worry of inflation and seeing prices rise!  I need to know we have what we need to be prepared for whatever may come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment